From the Autodesk App Store:
Ideate BIMLink is the Autodesk® Revit® add-on that lets you access and edit Building Information Modeling (BIM) data quickly and easily to save you hours—even weeks—of valuable time. Ideate BIMLink helps BIM and VDC managers, project leaders, facility managers, and users analyze, extract, and edit important BIM data. With Ideate BIMLink, you can pull and push volumes of information from a Revit file— Architecture, Structure, & MEP— into user-friendly Microsoft® Excel® with speed, ease, and accuracy. A few of the tasks supported by Ideate BIMLink include:
- Edit Schedule data (and non-schedule data)
- Create Unplaced Rooms, Unplaced Spaces, Unplaced Areas, Unplaced Sheets, Schedule Keys, Revision Sequences, Generic Models and Masses from an existing Excel file
- Rename all custom families and types to align with Project Standards
- Manage Sheets, Views, and Revisions to streamline production and reduce errors during project delivery.
- Perform advanced quality control tasks.
- Prepare and manage the Revit model for export to COBie data drops
The average Ideate BIMLink user is saving 20 hours per project on a broad range of data management tasks. Ideate BIMLink is the indispensable tool that gives you unprecedented access to Revit data – the “I” in BIM. This Trial download limits the amount of data that can be exported to twenty-five (25) rows. After 14 days the software can be used in Demo mode only, which prohibits the import and export functions.
|With Ideate BIMLink, all Revit users can push large amounts|
of information from a Revit file into Microsoft Excel.
|Use Excel and Ideate BIMLink for superior editing of Revit data.|
|Access non-schedule data with Ideate BIMLink or create new|
elements such as Rooms, Masses, Generic Models, or Revisions.
|Ideate BIMLink ships with over 200 discipline-specific|
samples to help get you started.
Note: This app uses a custom installer (and not the standard App Store installer).
This 14-day trial has a 25-row limitation on data that can be exported or imported but is otherwise fully functional.
About This Version
Version 2020.0, 5/17/2019
From the Ideate Software website:
What’s New with Ideate BIMLink
The latest improvements to Ideate BIMLink include features that are added to our 2020, 2019, 2018 and 2018 versions. See below for a summary of some of new features in the May 2019 release or check out our YouTube What’s New playlist.
Easier to Use
With improved worksharing logic, now you can have more than one person simultaneously accessing BIMLink within the same project.
MEP Fabrication Data is Here!
Detailed information about MEP Fabrication parts is now a part of Ideate BIMLink. Use the Load Sample option and search for the keyword “fab” to find the new sample content shown below. Support for MEP Fabrication Parts goes beyond what the Revit schedule delivers, including but not limited to Space, Service Type, Assembly info and more.
New View Template Controls
In this version we’ve added the ability to access all of the “Include” options for view templates. All the properties shown in the view templates property panel below are now editable via Ideate BIMLink. This means you will be able to quickly set/unset parameter values or other key view properties associated with your view templates.
We have added new properties and data categories to support enhanced workflows related to^(
- QC-Text-Leader_Alignment.link – Use this data to control existing and future leader line behavior.
- QC-View_Templates.link – Review and edit view templates including new properties to control which aspects of the template are being included.
New properties and data categories to support enhanced workflows related to^( .
- Project_Stds-Dimension.link – In this newly modified link, review the dimension unit formatting to see which styles vary from the project unit format. The unit format properties are available in versions 2018 and forward.
Check Out revision/Issuance Management
Keeping track of revision and issuance data is easy with Ideate BIMLink. In this version we’ve added the ability to edit the Revision Sequence of a Revision Cloud.
Check on the new link called “Revision_Clouds-Move.link”.
You can also use Ideate BIMLink to:
- Create new revision sequences.
- Edit the value for Revisions on Sheets
- Create a document issuance record.
- Compare and edit revision data across linked files.
Create More with Ideate BIMLink
Did you know that these elements can be created from Excel via Ideate BIMLink?
- Placeholder elements: Sheets, Areas, Rooms, Spaces
- Model elements: Masses and Generic Models
- Revision Sequences
- Schedule Keys
Learn more about^( in Ideate BIMLink.
See the original article on the ^(
^( is brought to you by ^( . Pricing is as follows.
- Single-User (stand-alone) License SUBSCRIPTION $795.00
- Multi-User (network) 1 – SUBSCRIPTION $1,995.00
- Multi-User (network) 5 – SUBSCRIPTION $5,500.00
- Multi-User (network) 10 – SUBSCRIPTION $7,500.00
This add-in is compatible with Revit 2020, 2019, 2018, and 2018.
Download from the^(
Questions? Contact the developer »