Almost we all use apps such as Netflix, HBO or Prime Video from our smartphone or tablet. However, what to do on those rainy afternoons or Sunday after party? Honestly, it’s much more comfortable to watch movies and tv from the comfortable sofa of the house and with the screen of our Smart TV.
You may also like…
How do I watch Netflix on my Smart TV?
Although the platform of Netflix it is very common for computers and mobile devices, there are also those who prefer to settle in the chair in front of their tvs. One of the options to achieve this is through a Smart TV, often with an official application to different brands of tvs are compatible with streaming.
Currently, the following brands of Smart TV has the app built-in: Samsung, Hisense, LG, Philips, Panasonic, Sanyo, Sonym Sharp and Vizio.
What if my tv is not smart?
In the event that the tv is not smart, you have several options between hands (we hope that some will go well):
- As you well know, it is a service in streaming, and you can send content from the app on the mobile or from the same computer. The most popular product that you can buy a Chromecast, an external device that supports Internet connectivity. Once you plug the device to your tv (by HDMI), you only need to send the contents using the following icon:
- Other devices that lend themselves to the access network are the Amazon Fire Stick, Fire TV, Roku TV and Apple TV. However, Amazon are not compatible with Netflix at the moment (that’s why to compete with Prime Video). The Internet signal can also be taken directly from a computer via an HDMI cable, which can transmit audio and video without special configurations. You plug, you send and ready.
- The same function of intermediary network is applicable to the video game consoles of last generation, like PlayStation, Xbox or Wii. Once you have these consoles plugged in to the outlet and to the tv (as if you were going to play), you have to go to your particular store of applications, and there to search the Netflix. You login with your credentials and voila, you can use it intuitively with the same knob.
- The consoles that currently include this service are: Nintendo 3DS, PS Vita, PS3, Ps4, Wii U, Xbox One and Xbox 360.
- A device DVD or Blu-Ray disc HOme Theater can operate in the same way that the above-mentioned consoles. The that to day of today accept this functionality are: Funai, Philips, Magnavox, Toshiba, Sharp, Panasonic, Sony, LG and Samsung.
- With a decoder, such as Atlantic Broadband, Blue Ridge, Cable One, GCI, Dish, Xfinity, or Suddenlink, among others.
What if my TV does not have Internet?
If you really want to hire this platform of films and series but do not have a Smart TV with apps own nor a tv that can connect to the Internet through “tin streaming”, or game console, you have to hire Netflix by using one of the traditional platforms, and view it as if it were a channel common in your programming.
You can get it through these operators: Movistar+ (from may 2018), Orange TV, ONO Vodafone TV.