From the Autodesk BIM Interoperability Tools website:
Autodesk BIM Interoperability Tools for Revit
New Features for Version 7
The Autodesk BIM Interoperability Tools for Revit are a suite of Revit add-ins that are designed to support a data driven workflow leveraging the power of the Revit model as
The suite of four original tools, Classification Manager, Model Checker and
Configurator, and the COBie Extension, have recently been updated with a unifying
look, more features, and user input to make assigning, validating, and sharing BIM data
This [post] will detail the new features that have been incorporated into the tools with
this new release, Version 7.
There are several new features that are shared by the entire suite of tools.
Dedicated Ribbon Tab
All four tools are now accessible on their own BIM Interoperability Tools ribbon tab in
Revit, making finding them easier, and reducing “clutter” on Revit’s Add-Ins tab.
Other New General Features
- The tools have had their icons adjusted to align with Autodesk colors and make it easier to visually recognize what functions are with which tool.
- Recent bug fixes have been resolved.
- Users can now launch the Model Checker Configurator directly from the Revit ribbon, instead of having to go to their Windows Start menu.
- The user interface for all tools has been redesigned from the ground up, with recent Autodesk UI design principles applied, making a more consistent user experience across all of Autodesk’s tools.
- The suite of tools is now available as a single unified installation package, making deployment and maintenance easier.
For new features in the individual tools, see the following posts:
- Free Autodesk Classification Manager for Revit v7
- Free Autodesk Model Checker for Revit v7
- Free Autodesk Model Checker Configurator v7
- Free Autodesk COBie Extension for Revit v7
The Autodesk BIM Interoperability Tools for Revit are free.
They are available in versions compatible with Revit 2019, 2018, 2018, and 2018.
There’s more information available on the Autodesk BIM Interoperability Tools website.