From the developer:
Reusing design models for construction detailing using Revit Parts just got easier. PCL PartsLab 4.0 has new tools that visualize and isolate all overlap conditions with Parts when those design models are less than perfect. With a single click, these new features isolate modeling busts in the design model – floors overlapping other floors, walls overlapping walls, floors penetrating walls – you get the idea. All occurrences of overlapping parts across all categories can be instantly isolated and visualized, preventing overreporting of volumes in take-offs and incorrect dimensioning to overlapping faces. These Part overlap conditions can increase when more than one design model is linked into a construction model, and Parts created from those linked model objects conflict with each other. PCL’s main use of Parts in Revit is with linked concrete design models (authored by others), creating pour breaks / slab depressions / blockouts / slab edge adjustments / hosted reinforcement & embeds / take-offs in the construction model.
|Investigate Model Content|
|Visualize current model content with Isolate & select that update|
displayed geometry with every click in the content tre
|Find an object’s category/family/type in the content tree|
by selecting that geometry in the model
|Automated history view helps you track design|
revisions – see YouTube video
|Context sensitive Isolate & Hide tools that work specifically with Parts|
Note: This app uses a custom installer (and not the standard App Store installer).
About This Version
Version 184.108.40.206, 9/6/2018
- New feature set – Find / Visualize Overlapping Parts
- See latest video for feature demonstration
- Finds all overlapping parts in your model
- Highlights and isolates overlaps by Level / Category / Overlap Instance
- Aids with constructability review – drill down to the overlapping parts in the tree / understand that overlap condition
- Filter overlaps by Parts creation date – see new overlaps just created
- Reverse Look-up – select overlapping parts first, highlight in dialog
- Ignore / hide unimportant overlaps to simplify review process
^( is brought to you by ^( . It’s free.
This add-in is compatible with Revit 2019, 2018, 2018, and 2018.
There’s more information available on the^( .