- Notorious leaker Evan Blass tweeted new render images of the HTC U12 Plus as well as a full spec sheet.
- If these leaks are true, we now know pretty much everything about the HTC U12 Plus other than price and availability date.
- HTC will likely launch the HTC U12 Plus on May 23.
We’re six days away from the assumed launch of the HTC U12 Plus, but we may already have all the information one would need on the upcoming flagship. Today, Evan Blass leaked some new renders as well as a spec sheet that tells us every little detail of the device.
Evan Blass is probably the most notorious leaker of smartphone information, and his intel is usually dead on. However, it still must be said that the information in this article is simply a leak, and therefore any of these details could be wrong or could change before the official launch. Until HTC debuts the HTC U12 Plus on May 23, everything should be treated as suspect.
With that being said, here are the render images of the HTC U12 Plus provided by Blass on his Twitter account:
As you can see, the translucent color that HTC brought to the HTC U11 is likely to be an option on the U12 Plus, which is good news. Roland Quandt says that the U12 Plus will come in four color variants: Black, Red Rose, Violet, and Translucent. The images above appear to be the Translucent color as well as Violet and Black. However, the Violet could be Red Rose; it’s hard to be sure.
You can clearly see the dual front-facing camera set up on the front of the device, as well as the dual camera set up on the rear. The renders make the devices look a lot less shiny than the leaked hands-on images we’ve seen, but that could just be the renders toning down that feature.
The bezels of the device sure do look slim, and it’s nice to see that there’s no notch with the HTC U12 Plus. I’m sure many people will be glad to have a dual front-facing camera set-up, rather than a notch.
The leaked specs sheets for the HTC U12 Plus are below:
The most notable features of the leaked spec sheets are:
- The device will likely ship with Android 8.0 Oreo, upgradable to Android P.
- The sheet lists a new “pressure-sensitive” feature and a new “touch feedback” experience. What does this mean?
- IP68 certification, resistant to water and dust.
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 845
- 2880 x 1440 resolution in an 18:9, 6-inch display
- 6GB of RAM and the choice of 64GB or 128GB of storage
- microSD expansion slot
- 12MP and 16MP rear cameras
- 8MP and 8MP front cameras
- Always-on listening support for virtual assistants
- 3,500mAh battery
These leaked specs are actually pretty impressive. If this is all true, the HTC U12 Plus will be a great device.
However, there’s still no word on price, and that’s where HTC could either succeed or blow it entirely. If HTC tries to price this flagship phone at the same level as a Samsung Galaxy S9, it will likely fall flat. But if HTC can undercut the competition by even $50 or $100, it could sway people away from Samsung.
We’ll have to wait until May 23 to find out the rest of the info on the HTC U12 Plus.
What do you think? Does this leaked info make you want to grab a U12 Plus? Let us know in the comments!
from Android Authority https://ift.tt/2wMDBje