Some might not know this, but theemitted by your smartphone, tablet or computer screen, causes severe eye strain, which in return makes it less likely for you to have a good night sleep.
In this tutorial, we are going to be guiding you through the two best options you have to save yourself from the harmful blue light, by making use of ‘Night Mode’ on your Android smartphone or tablet.
Method #1: The stock option
In the last couple of years, many manufacturers have integrated ‘Night Mode’ into their custom Android UIs.
Enable ‘Blue Light Filter’ on Samsung Galaxy devices:
- Unlock your phone and go to settings
- Look for the ‘Display’ option
- Look for the ‘Blue Light Filter’ option
- Tap on the text ‘Blue Light Filter’ – don’t just toggle it on
You have now accessed the functionality’s settings menu. From there you can set a custom schedule of when you wish the filter to be turned on and off, as well as adjust the filter’s color intensity.
Find if ‘Night Mode’ is available on your device
- Open your device’s Settings app
- Go to the ‘Display’ menu
- Look for an option called ‘Night Mode’ or ‘Reading Mode’
- If your phone’s Settings app comes with a search bar, you can use it by typing in any of the above terms
Method #2: Use a third party app
In the quite likely event that your device does not feature the particular functionality straight out of the box, don’t worry, we still have got you covered.
There are multiple free options available on the Play Store, which offer much more customization than the stock options too. In this guide, we are going to be using an app called Twilight. I have been using the said app for nearly two years now, so I can safely recommend it to all of you.
- Download the Twilight app from the Play Store
- Open it
- You can adjust color temperature, intensity, and screen dim. Take your time to find the most suitable combination
- Users can also adjust the app’s schedule – in order for it to automatically switch on and off the filter
The app can be quickly accessed via the notifications menu. Just swipe your finger down from the top of the display, and there you will find a small menu. From there, you can adjust the intensity and screen dim, as well as pause the app at any given time.
Based on my experience, the higher the screen dim, the more comfortable the display becomes to your eyes. It goes without saying that in an environment with proper lighting, high screen dim will make it impossible for someone to make out what is on the display. Therefore, a high screen dim setting is best purposed for night time.
If you encounter any problems while trying out the above or have a recommendation to make, feel free to shoot a comment down below.
, original content from . Read our .