‘Error loading player: No playable source found‘ – you usually end up encountering this issue if the browser you happen to use does not allow Flash to run or maybe you need to re-install Flash manually for the browsers you want to use. In this article, we will talk about 3 simple solutions that will help you resolve the issue.
However, Adobr’s Flash player will be officially discontinued at the end of 2020. So, you should not encounter any web pages that will require Adobr Flash player by the end of 2020.
Note: If you are using Mozilla’s Firefox, you should know that Firefox no longer supports Flash. If you still want to install Flash and use it, you should follow their official guide to do so.
Fix #1: Allow Flash To Run
You need to check the site settings whether you have allowed the web page to run flash or not. By default, the permission to run flash should be set to “Ask“. But, it does not technically “ask” you. So, if you encounter an error on any website using flash, just head to its “Site settings” to allow flash to run.
Here’s how you can do that:
- Click on the lock icon at the left end of the address bar (as shown in the image above).
- Now, you will observe an option that says “Site settings“. Click on it.
- Look for the flash option and select from the drop-down menu to “Allow” flash (refer to the image below).
Fix #2: Clear Browser Cache
Sometimes you just need to clear your browser’s cache and reload the web page in order to resolve the issue. To clear the cache on Chrome, follow the steps below:
- Head to the top-right corner of your Chrome browser to find the three dots (control option for Google Chrome).
- Hover the cursor on “More tools” and you will find an option to “Clear browsing data“. Click on it.
- Now, from all the options, check the one which says “cached images and files“. Ignore (untick them) rest of the options, unless you want them to be cleared as well.
Fix #3: Check for Browser Update & Flash Update
You need to ensure that you have the latest version of Google Chrome installed. To do that, simply click on the three dots (at the top-right corner of the browser) and then go to “Help” -> “About Google Chrome“. If you have an update, it will notify you the same.
In addition to the browser update, you can type in “chrome://components” in the address bar and then search for Adobr flash player to check for an update. If you notice the status as “up to date” or “Component not updated” – that means you have the latest version installed.
Fix #4: Re-install Flash (Opera, Chrome, Chromium)
If nothing else works, you can try manually re-installing Adobr’s Flash support for Google Chrome or Opera. Simply, head on to its official download page and select your OS version/browser to start downloading it.
After downloading the setup file, follow the on-screen instructions to install it.
Error loading player: No playable source found – is not a serious issue. You should be easily able to resolve it with the help of above-mentioned solutions. If it still does not work for you, let us know about it in the comments below.