Apple does not pass out of its approach to put it up for sale the reality, however it is completely conceivable to attach a Mac to a fourth-generation Apple TV or later and take hold of screenshots and video output from the set-top field. On this article, we will display you the way it is performed.
Be aware that this system cannot be used to report DRM-protected content material off the likes of Netflix or iTunes, however it’s going to help you seize your riding abilities in Asphalt 8: Airborne, as an example, simply as it’s going to assist you to take screenshots to be used in troubleshooting, coaching, running a blog, or some other goal.
Learn how to attach a Mac to an Apple TV used to rely at the presence of a USB-C port at the rear of the fourth-generation set-top field to ascertain a stressed out connection. However since there is no such port on the most recent fifth-generation Apple TV 4K, that is now not an possibility for a rising selection of customers.
Alternatively, because of macOS Top Sierra and tvOS 11, it is now conceivable to attach your Mac wirelessly to a fourth- or fifth-generation Apple TV at the identical Wi-Fi community, and also you wouldn’t have to obtain Xcode or some other further instrument to take action. Merely observe the stairs under, and also you will have to be shooting video and taking screenshots very quickly.
Seize Pictures and Video From Apple TV on a Mac
- Flip for your Apple TV and your HDMI-connected show.
- On Apple TV, open Settings and make a selection Community.
- Below Connection, make an observation of the Wi-Fi community.
- Now click on the Wi-Fi menu bar icon over for your Mac to ensure it is linked to the similar community.
- On Mac, release QuickTime Participant from the Programs folder.
- Within the QuickTime menu bar, click on Record -> New Film Recording to open a brand new recording window.
- Click on the small down arrow to the best of the pink report button.
- Within the dropdown menu, make a selection Apple TV below each the Digital camera and Microphone sections.
- A display sharing permissions advised will seem for your Apple TV show. Use your Siri Far flung to make a choice Permit.
- To start out recording video, merely click on the pink report button.
- To take a screenshot of the Apple TV output out of your desktop, press the keyboard shortcut Command-Shift-4 and hover the cursor crosshair over the QuickTime Film Recording window.
- Press the spacebar. The crosshair will change into a digital camera and the QuickTime window will tackle a clear blue solid to signify it is decided on.
- Wait a second for the QuickTime interface overlay and name bar to vanish, after which click on to take your Apple TV screenshot. It is going to be mechanically stored on your desktop through default.
Be aware: If you need to check out the standard means of taking Apple TV screenshots, you want to obtain Apple’s Xcode developer application from the Mac App Retailer. Take note that it is a hefty 5.5GB obtain, and chances are you’ll run into connection problems in case you are working a beta model of tvOS.
After putting in Xcode 9.2, release the application and make a selection Window -> Units and Simulators from the menu bar, and also you will have to see the screenshot button within the Units tab as soon as you will have effectively linked to Apple TV.
Talk about this newsletter in our boards