This procedure and the software provided are intended for personal, educational and experimental use to install DiagBox 8.01 and related updates. I hold no responsibility for any illegal or improper usage. Carry out this procedure at your own risk.
– Links for all required software, updates and tools are in the attachments.
– If using a Virtual Machine, ensure Virtualization is enabled in the physical laptop BIOS.
Preparation for Installing DiagBox 8.01 on Notebooks and VMWare Workstation
– Starting with any (32 bit) Windows (preferably XP or 7), install .NET 3.51 and Windows drivers or VMWare Tools (if on VMWare Workstation or Player).
Preparation for Installing DiagBox 8.01 on VirtualBox
– Settings –> System: Motherboard, ensure APIC is OFF, use one processor and enable Virtualization. Allocate enough memory for VM.
– Having installed 32 bit Windows + VirtualBox Guest Additions + .NET 3.51, use the Powershell Command “Get-WMIObject win32_BIOS” or the “DMIdecode” tool to obtain BIOS information (not essential).
– Close VirtualBox and start an administrator’s CMD, navigate to “C:Program FilesOracleVirtualBox” and execute the following command (Replacing “Your VM” with your Virtual Machine’s name, and System Serial with your hardware’s or any code or text such as “CDN29326BH”):
C:Program FilesOracleVirtualBox>VBoxManage setextradata “Your VM” “VBoxInternal/Devices/pcbios/0/Config/DmiSystemSerial” “System Serial“
Installing DiagBox 8.01
1- Install DiagBox 7.01 and restart DiagBox to run update 7.02. Install update 7.xx-7.57 (this will create “C:AWRootdtwrcfgConfig.sys”).
2- Install “VC++ 2008 Redistributable Package”, a copy will be available in “C:teleassistancevisualCvcredist_x86.exe” after installing DiagBox.
3- Restart the computer and use “Kill_DiagBox_Tasks.bat” to stop related processes and rename “C:AWRoot” to “C:AWRoot7”
4- Run DiagBox 8.01 installation (it will uninstall v7.xx first) until it requests Activation. Close it (X) and run the tool “AWRoot_v7_Conf+Ativation_v8.exe” it will copy configuration from “C:AWRoot7..” and inject the necessary files.
5- Run DiagBox again, it should continue the installation successfully.
Restart DiagBox 8.01 as Administrator to confirm all is well (don’t be concerned about the reported version and do not start Lexia or PP2000 yet). If you face an issue, run the activation tool again and/or review “Versions” below.
If DiagBox runs fine, ensure you keep a backup copy of the file “C:AWRootbinfiAPPDIAG.SYS” in a safe location.
1- Download and install “DiagBox_updt_802.ISO” update.
2- Download and install subsequent v8.xx updates or Maitresox updates (from 7.66+).
DiagBox will run and display the (8.xx or 7.xx) version number listed in “AWRootbinfiversion.ini” file. However, Lexia or PP2000 will fail to operate with “version.ini” set to “08.xx” and “APPDIAG.SYS” will be corrupted and will need to be restored before DiagBox will work again.
So, for DiagBox, Lexia and PP2000 to operate, set the version to “7.xx” or “7.xxx” (07.81 or 07.817 can be set to indicate the true DiagBox 8 version).
It is possible to operate Lexia/PP2000 (after starting DiagBox with 8.xx) by starting DiagBox while having “version.ini” listing the 8.xx only (or first), then changing it to 7.xx or commenting the line “version=08.xx” and saving BEFORE starting LEXIA or PP2000 as shown below.
– DiagBox v7 and v8 install and run on all x86 (32bit) Windows including 10 TH1, TH2, RS1, RS2, RS3 and RS4.
– Entering a System Serial for the Virtual Machine (as described above) resolves the “psaAagent.exe” and the missing tabs issue on VirtualBox.
– If you get “Error 2” after restarting DiagBox, try commenting “version=8.xx” in “version.ini” before restarting DiagBox again.
To use Lexia and PP2000 8.35 and later updates with DiagBox 7.83
To change DiagBox language interface
P.S. DiagBox has been running on Firmware v4.3.4 since DiagBox v7.66/8.02 and Firmware v4.3.5 since DiagBox v8.45.
Someone put the full installation process on the net, just edit “version.ini” as described above.
DiagBox 8.01 installation and updates video
DiagBox v8 download link
DiagBox Full v8.01 ISO:
AWRoot_v7_Conf+Ativation_v8.exe No password
DiagBox updates working with DiagBox V8.01 based on v7.xx profile, Extraction Password: Simple
For those who wish to stay with (ISO 639-1) standard:
DiagBox_updt_803-808_Simple.exe (7.72) Password: Simple #808
And those who wish to continue further:
DiagBox_updt_810_Simple.exe (7.74) No Password
Cache Contents Restorer No password