|Huawei Nova 3|
Huawei Nova 3 Specs
|The box and inclusions|
|3D glass, shiny look!|
Flagship-grade build, stunning design!
|Mic on top|
|3.5 mm headphone jack slot, USB Type-C, mic, and speaker below|
|Hybrid dual SIM/microSD card tray at left|
|Textured power button and volume rocker at right|
On paper, it is even slimmer than the Nova 3i. The Nova 3i is listed at 7.6 mm while the Nova 3 is just at 7.3 mm. it isn’t that heavy at 166 grams as well.
The notch is a bit bigger than the P20 series, but it is still smaller than the notch of the Mi 8 and iPhone X. The notch carries the dual selfie camera, earpiece, IR light sensor, and other sensors.
For those who do not like the notch, you can turn it off in the display settings.
It has a 19:5:9 aspect ratio and a screen-to-body ratio of 81 percent just like the Nova 3i.
All ports and buttons are found on standard placements.
We also like that it has a dedicated 3.5 mm headphone jack and micro USB slots.
It isn’t that prone to fingerprint smudges too. But, it is slippery to hold. So, be careful always.
|Notch on the top|
1. Design is flagship-grade! It looks stunning and functional at the same time. The bezel on the chin is even smaller than the P20 and P20 Pro. The 6.3-inch big screen is beautiful as well. It doesn’t have the AMOLED color punch and contrast, but I’m sure most won’t mind it.
2. It has beastly specs for the price! First you’ll find Kirin 970 processor. It is the same chip found on the P20 Pro. It also has a dedicated NPU for AI tasks. It also has a Mali-G72 MP12 GPU with GPU Turbo tech. So far, it can load any app and games we tried with ease!
It is even paired with massive 6GB RAM for multitasking. It also has 128GB storage. The battery capacity is quite big at 3,750mAh as well.
It doesn’t have the SuperCharge tech of the flagship Huawei phones, but it has an 18W Huawei Quick Charge charger.
3. On the camera part, we are impressed! Mate 10’s camera is still a bit better, but it can compete! There are even times where you’ll get photos with better exposure. In particular, it has a 16MP f/1.8 RGB sensor + 24MP f/1.8 monochrome sensor w/ PDAF, contrast focus, Master AI, and LED flash.
For selfies, overall quality can compete with the P20. It even has HDR Pro, cute stickers, and the AR Qmoji feature.
4. The phones loads with the newer EMUI 8.2 skin. It is still based with Android 8.1 Oreo OS, but it has more features than the EMUI 8.1. It has more stickers and camera features. It has an easier to reach AI toggle button too. Decent so far!
5. The phone has an LED notification on the top inside the earpiece. It also has an accurate face unlock and fingerprint scanner as expected. Bluetooth, GPS, and 4G LTE connectivity of this device also works. It has USB OTG function and gyrscope sensor as well.
Related: Huawei Nova 3: First Camera Samples
As of the moment
The Nova 3 is a legit all-rounder with flagship-grade specs and features for less. Also, it is arguably the most beautiful looking handset in its class.
For just PHP 25,990, there are few phones that can compete with this device overall.
We won’t even blame you if you will choose the bigger 6.3-inch screen and 6GB RAM of this handset over the Leica cameras of the P20 with smaller 5.8-inch display and 4GB RAM at a higher price tag.
So far so good!