Our mobile phones every day are more suited to the style of life practical that we all. Therefore, the sharing information is becoming more and more essential for us in every way possible, so you’re always connected and always on hand with everything that we need.
One of the ways of doing so, you have been using your smartphone and USB devices. However, sometimes you can find yourself with a dilemma, since we can’t use one with the other and vice versa. But don’t worry, that is why here today I will explain what is a cable OGT and how you can take advantage of.
You may also like…
What is the OTG cable? Their abbreviations come from the English “On-The-Go”, and it consists of a cable that helps extend the USB 2.0 port in order to connect with any of our devices. The one we are interested in Tuapppara is, of course, our mobile phone, either an^( or an iPhone.
Therefore, it is a very useful resource which you should have if you want to transfer files from your pen drive or connect a mouse, a hard disk, a keyboard, etc., to your mobile and vice versa. This mode of additional ports may be implemented on any phone with operating system iOS (cable lightining) and Android (micro or C-Type).
Now that we know what it means, we’ll explain a little so that it serves in greater depth and with what devices can be connected.
For what it is
Cables USB OTG for charging and data transfer are the most common, because at the end many people acquire to have that ease. Either move your photos or files on the mobile easily or only charge the phone.
However, and as I mentioned above, these cables can be put to greater advantage, as they can be used to connect other devices to our mobile phone in addition to a pendrive. From adapters with SD cards, hard disks, wireless headphones, speakers, mouse, cameras and more, the possibilities are limitless.
With one of these cables at hand, you’ll be able to handle any emergency with your mobile phone (such as a fracture of the screen) and do a backup quickly all your information without the need of having a computer.
Where to buy one and how much they cost
The cables OTG are accessories that you can get in any store of electronics, as they are additional elements that are simple to install. Your price may vary depending on whether these cables have some additional element beyond the ports to connect terminals, but their value is of a few euros.
You can also find these cables without the need of looking for shops. Only just go to Amazon, to decide among the large variety of formats depending on your needs and sort them at the best prices in the market.
- Type: Posugear 22cm Adapter USB 2.0 to micro USB On-The-Go (Male/Female). Small and short, easy-to -…
- Easy to use: The USB OTG Adapter supports power sharing to another phone or tablet and play…
- Compatible with: Connect your android smartphones and tablets with a micro USB port to na unit…
- Quality and secure: Has been quality certified. Resistant to corrosion, high Processing…
- Content: 1 x 22cm Posugear Micro USB Cable On-The-Go (Male/Female); 18-month warranty and service…
How to make compatible my Android with OTG
If you’re wondering how to operate the OTG cable in Android, the answer is more simple than you think. You will have to confirm if, in fact, the micro USB port is compatible. You have several ways to do this:
- The first of these is by testing whether, in effect, when you connect the USB cable to OTG the mobile phone and the pendrive, both devices recognize each other. In this case, you should be able to access the file explorer of your Android device and confirm that you can log into the external storage or USB device.
- Another simple way to determine if you can activate the OTG in Android is looking for in the specifications of the mobile phone in their section of connections.
- There are also applications that you can download from the Play Store that can tell you if your phone is compatible, but they are not 100% reliable.