“Notes can have tags associated with them allowing you to group notes together based on whatever criteria you choose. Now you can, for example, look at all notes related to a specific event, a specific project or a specific group of people. … There’s no way to change keyboard shortcuts.” —slant.co
“But the choice for easier portability falls on backing up your notes to Simplenote. Simplenote as we know supports a range of third-part clients; ResophNotes is probably the better ones among them. You can quite handily set up a sync frequency to place all your notes in the cloud. Your list-styled notes require a Simplenote Premium account though, if you want to view them online on Simplenote.” —Saikat Basu, makeuseof.com (December 14, 2020)
“The search function is “live,” which means you don’t have to hit Enter after entering your search query. It is blazing fast: Just start typing, and results instantly show.” —PCWorld Staff, PCWorld.com (May 11, 2020 12:00 AM PT)
ResophNotes is a note-taking application. You can keep your shop lists, to-do lists, or even your code snippets.
It can sync. online with Simplenote, so you can backup your notes in the cloud.
It’s also available as smartphone app. on iPhone/iPad.
The official releases are 100% portable, we repack both the 32/64 bit releases in one package and separate the data from the application’s binaries.
Size: 34.7 MB (36,487,168 bytes) Packed Size: 10.7 MB (11,284,480 bytes)
Developer: C.Y. Yen, Amir Ammari (contributor) & appmarsh.com
Requirements: Windows XP or later
License: Freeware (Personal and business use)—
Source: Included in the package (.ini, .nsh files)
DIY/Do It Yourself: Upgrade to the Latest Release
Requirements, or other text editor, , .
- Get the , and extract the content with 7-Zip.
- Get the latest —both the 32 and 64 bit portable packages.
- Put them in the same folder as the extracted template, in our example C: TEST, then extract the 64 bit package to C: TESTResophNotesPortableApp folder then rename the folder to ResophNotes64,
- Extract the 32 bit package to C: TESTResophNotesPortableApp.
- Browse to ResophNotesPortableAppAppInfo and open appinfo.ini file with NPP. Replace the [Version] section with the latest version number. Make sure the PackageVersion entry is in 4 place digit, eg. 18.104.22.168 not just 1.7.0 nor 1.7,
DisplayVersion=1.7 (32/64 bit)
- Run PAL, paste the template folder address C: TESTResophNotesPortable, and click Go—a new launcher will be created,
- Test the new launchers by following .
- When all is OK, then delete the ResophNotesPortableData folder and run PAI, paste the package folder address C: TESTResophNotesPortable, and click Go—to create the installer package.
- Use the installer package to upgrade your portable application. Don’t forget to at least backup your Data folder before any upgrade 🙂
- If you find any changes that’s not handled by the launcher, consult the PAL help file to modify the launcher yourself or ask for .
Quick and Dirty Update
- Make sure you exit Exodus portable cleanly—check that no appmarsh.comLauncherRuntimeData-ResophNotesPortable.ini file in the Data folder.
- Get the latest portable 32 and 64 bit releases.
- Delete your current AppResophNotes and AppResophNotes64 folder.
- Extract the 64 bit package folder into App folder → rename the folder to ResophNotes64.
- Extract the 32 bit package folder into App folder.
- ResophNotes is 100% portable. We only separate the data from the binaries.