It’s the first foldable phone with a flexible screen from the world’s largest smartphone maker. The device
Samsung says that it has Samsung’s largest-ever smartphone display and added that it has been in development over eight years following the debut of Samsung’s first flexible display prototype in 2019.
Samsung Galaxy Fold powered by Snapdragon 855 with 12GB of RAM, triple rear cameras and dual front cameras, similar to the S10+, it also has a 10-megapixel camera for the front cover display.
It has a Multi-Active Window lets you open up to three active apps simultaneously on the main display so you can surf, text, work, watch and share easily.
Ten years after the first Galaxy, we didn’t just change the shape of the phone, we changed the shape of tomorrow. #GalaxyFold
— Samsung Mobile (@SamsungMobile) February 20, 2019
Highlights Specifications of Samsung Galaxy Fold
- Display: 7.3-inch QXGA+ Dynamic AMOLED 4.2:3 aspect ratio main display, 4.6-inch HD+ Super AMOLED 21:9 aspect ratio cover display
- Chipset: Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 640 GPU
- RAM+ROM: 12GB RAM, 512GB storage (UFS 2.1)
- Operating System: Android 9.0 (Pie)
- Camera: 12MP Dual Pixel rear camera with LED Flash, 12MP Telephoto lens with 45° FoV, f/2.4 aperture, 16MP 123° Ultra Wide sensor with f/2.2 aperture with 0.5X/2X optical zoom, up to 10X digital zoom
- 10MP Dual Pixel front-facing camera with 80° wide-angle lens, f/1.9 aperture, secondary 8MP depth sensor with f/2.2 aperture, 90° FoV
- 10MP cover camera with f/2.2 aperture
- Stereo speakers tuned by AKG, Dolby Atmos
- Sensor: Side-mounted Fingerprint Sensor
- Network: 5G Sub6 / mmWave (28G, 39G), 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ax (2.4/5GHz), VHT80 4×4 MIMO, Bluetooth 5, GPS with GLONASS, USB 3.1, NFC, MST
- Battery: 4,380mAh battery with fast Charging both on wired and wireless (WPC and PMA) charging.
Galaxy Fold will be available on the 26th of April for $1,980 or N712