Huami unveiled the^( smartwatch late last year. Initially, it came with the Xiao digital assistant, but a new update released today enables Amazon’s Alexa. Here’s a sample of what you can ask from Alexa:
- Flash Briefing – Set up and add favorite topics to personalize your daily news and content “Flash Briefing”
- Sports Update – Set up favorite sports leagues (NBA/NFL) and ask the watch for the latest scores
- Calendar – Link with Google, Microsoft, Apple, Exchange calendars. Users can ask Alexa on their Verge smartwatch what’s on their calendar for the day
- Alarm – Set a reminder or wake-up alarm
- To-do list – Manage your schedule and to-do list
- Q&A – With Alexa built-in get answers to common questions throughout the day
- Translation – Get translation help in more than 50 languages, including Chinese, English, Spanish, Japanese and more
Alexa’s other features work just as well, e.g. you can start a timer with a voice command or control your home automation system.
iPhone users get an additional update, which allows them to to receive calls on the Verge smartwatch (this was already possible with Android phones).
Here’s a quick recap on the Amazfit verge – it costs $160 in the West and features a 1.3” OLED display with Gorilla Glass 3, it’s IP68 waterproof and has 5 days of battery life with heart rate tracking and occasional GPS tracking. It runs a propriatery OS on a dual core CPU with 512MB RAM and 4GB storage.
^( | ^(