The synchronization of WhatsApp lets you see the names of your contacts instead of their phone numbers.
By default, this application recognizes the contacts registered in the address book of your mobile phone. If this does not occur, it may be that you have locks or security restrictions.
Below, we describe the solutions that are quick and easy that you can run from your Android or iPhone to be able to update your contacts in WhatsApp without any problems.
You may also like…
How do I update my contact list of WhatsApp?
It is noteworthy that, in the latest updates of WhatsApp, the window appears “United” in the former space of “Contacts / Favorites”. If you want to find with whom you have the ability to chat, open the application and search for the tab “Chats” and click on the “New Chat”.
In case of not being able to see them, verifies that the person that you are interested in using this application, please check the settings of safety if the program is authorized to access the list and check to see if the number will be saved with the correct area code.
If at this time, your WhatsApp is not updated, it is very easy to restore it. So you just have to follow these steps:
- Go to Settings in your phone, look in the Accounts window, and choose the one that comes checked by default.
- Go to the menu and select the option Remove account.
- Then, go to the app, contacts and menu button, where eventually you’ll have to tighten the option “Update”.
- The following message will appear “Are updated all your contact list”
If the synchronization was done correctly, now in the list you will see all your friends with their respective names, or aliases.
In Android, the process is the same explained previously:
- First go to the Settings option of your mobile, log in Accounts and search for WhatsApp.
- On the next screen, select the app again and in the menu, located in the top right corner, tap “Delete account”.
At this point, do not worry, this tool will not delete your account, but your previous sync you are going to reset then.
Now you can enter to the application, where you have to press the icon of a New chat. In the Menu, it looks for Update, and voila!
If your device works with the operating system iOS, with a version 11.3 or higher and your contacts are stored in an Exchange account, but you don’t see them in the app, you can do three things:
- Copy them to your phone
- Copy them to your iCloud
- Requests to the Technical Support that you sync it in your iPhone.
It may be the case also, that the contacts are still not synchronized have been saved with the international code wrong. Revísalos also.
To detect new contacts, follow these steps:
- Go to the display active conversations.
- Go to the lower right corner, tap the green button and access the list of contacts.
- Go to the top right corner and tap the icon of three vertical dots to get to Options.
- Press the button “Update”. Immediately, are going to show up newly added contacts, with their respective names.
No contacts appear in the Whatsapp: solutions
The test functions mentioned above but the problem still persists, there are other ways of synchronization.
Privacy settings and permissions
In Android, if they are still popping up phone numbers instead of the names of the contacts, it is possible that your security settings impede the process. This also has a solution. Looking again in Settings of your Android device and go to application Manager.
Enters in the application settings, select Access and activate all the permissions. In Iphone, the process of synchronization is similar to that of Android.
- Go to Settings.
- Search for privacy.
- Go to Contacts and tap Settings Screen.
- Activates the tab of WhatsApp.
- Select the menu Settings again.
If the problem persists, you should seek the respective security restriction. This is very easy also:
- Go to Settings.
- Looking for the General window in the option restrictions.
- Select and enter the option in WhatsApp, you have to disable.
Clears the cache
The residual files left by apps in your phone memory tend to affect their optimal functioning. The same thing happens with this app and is probably what is delaying your updates. To avoid this, regularly clears the cache.
This process is also very simple. Look into the option Settings, go to apps, select WhatsApp. Go in, tap Storage and select^( This button is located in the upper-right corner of the window.
Restart the app: force stop
To stop the activity of this app, as well as its services in the background and updates, do the following steps.
- Opens the menu of Configuration of the mobile phone.
- Search for Apps and notifications.
- Select WhatsApp in to See all of the apps or in application Information.
- Choose Force stop.
Uninstall and install the app again
To delete the app in your device,or the process is the same as you do with other applications.
- First, you enter in the application Settings of your mobile.
- Look for the option “All Applications”
- Select WhatsApp. In case of not finding it, use the internal search engine.
- Finally, tap Uninstall.
- Then re-install the program from Google Play.
We say that the process of deleting the apps may be different depending on your device. In the past Xiaomi, for example, so you just have to drag the icon of the app upwards (towards an icon of a trash can) and ready.
On the other hand, on the iPhone the steps are somewhat different:
- Tap the icon of the app on the home screen and expect all the buttons to tremble.
- Tap the X in the symbol of WhatsApp, and so you will delete the app and all its data.
- Go back to the start and search in the App Store the new update of the app to reinstall it again.
Restart the device
Depending on the model of the mobile you are using, there are different ways of resetting it, such as, for example:
- Remove the battery and put it back.
- Press the power button until it restart.
- Press at the same time the power button and the volume low or the reverse.
- Select the icon of power and volume up.
And of course, the classic trick of waiting for the battery to drain and plug it in for charging.
After you have tried each one of these alternatives and the WhatsApp still cannot synchronize, go to the technical support authorized service provider of your line. It may be that your phone does not have the enough memory to support the new updates.
Do you has this happened on any occasion? What have you solved with any of these options? If you have any questions or proposal, please do not hesitate to write us in the comments.
The entry,^( appears first in ^( .