“If you prefer an all-in-one program that is based on Chromium that offers speedy Internet surfing, torrent and media downloading, and supports many of the features that Google has integrated into the Chrome web browser – including extensions – then Torch may be… ” —Martin Brinkmann, ghacks.net (February 25, 2018)
“Torch Browser has Google’s speedy, reliable, and customizable Chromium engine under the hood.” —Download.com staff, download.cnet.com (November 01, 2018)
“This is a great alternative browser that adds some interesting extras on top of the Chrome engine. It’s well worth trying out.” —Roland Waddilove, appmarsh.com (29 Apr 13)
Torch (browser) ia a Chromium-based web browser for heavy-downloaders users.
- Integrated torrents downloader.
- Accelerated download manager.
- Media (audio/video) grabber and streaming player.
Size: 226 MB (237,543,424 bytes) Packed Size: 88.2 MB (92,561,408 bytes)
- Flash player plugin included, or get the latest one.
- More in the help file…
DIY/Do It Yourself: Upgrade to the Latest Release
- Get the latest portable app. template, and extract the content with 7-Zip.
- Get the latest Torch Web Browser release.
- Get the latest Adobr Flash Player portable.
- Put them in the same folder as the extracted template, in our example C: TEST, then open the installer with 7-Zip,
browse to TorchSetupFull-r0-n-bc.exe$R1$_11_ folder and Open Inside pack.exe,
double-click to open chrome.packed.7z,
double-click to open chrome.7z,
extract Chrome-bin folder to TorchPortableApp,
- Open the Adobr Flash Player portable package Flash_188.8.131.52_portable_32-64_Fx-Chrome.7z → browse into Pepper32 folder → extract the pepflashplayer.dll to AppPluginsFlash folder,
- Browse to AppChrome-bin and get the version from the folder name,
- Browse to TorchPortableAppAppInfo and open appinfo.ini file with NPP. Replace the [Version] section with the latest version number. Make sure the PackageVersion entry is in 4 place digit, eg. 184.108.40.2068 not just 60.0.0 nor 60.0,
- Run PAL, paste the template folder address C: TESTTorchPortable, and click Go—a new launcher will be created,
- Test the new launchers by following this guide.
- When all is OK, then delete the TorchPortableData folder, TorchPortable.ini file, then run PAI, paste the package folder address C: TESTTorchPortable, and click Go—to create the installer package.
- Use the installer package to upgrade your portable application. Don’t forget to at least backup your Data folder before any upgrade 🙂
- If you find any changes that’s not handled by the launcher, consult the PAL help file to modify the launcher yourself or ask for our paid upgrade support.
- Torch writes to Windows registry and data folders while running.
- Make sure it exits cleanly before plugging out your thumbdrive.
- 220.127.116.114: torrent feature will crash the browser.