Apple this morning released the^( to developers, and as with most early betas, the new software introduces refinements and user interface changes for various features.
There are several minor tweaks, such as an update to the^( logo, along with more major updates that include a new ^( Remote design and multiple important bug fixes. We’ve outlined everything new in the third beta of iOS 12.2 below.
– Apple TV Remote redesign – The Apple TV Remote has been redesigned again with a darker interface, both in the Remote app itself and in Control Center.
– Lock screen charging fix – The second beta of iOS 12.2 had a pesky bug that caused the iPhone’s charge to be displayed on the Lock screen instead of the date. In beta 3, that’s been fixed.
– Apple News logo – In the Apple News app, instead of spelling out “Apple News,” Apple uses the “” symbol along with the word “News,” similar to^( .
– About screen – The interface for viewing information about your iPhone has been updated and rearranged in a more logical way with info like model number and serial number at the top with carrier information at the bottom.
– Group FaceTime bug fix – The Group FaceTime bug ^( and Group FaceTime is now once again available to iOS 12.2 users.
– Developer updates – Alongside iOS 12.2 beta 3, Apple introduced new resources for developers.^( Shortcuts design resources are available, as are new iOS system design templates, Adobr XD ^( design resources, and an SF Compact Rounded font. Developers are also now able to offer subscription discounts on a broader basis thanks to a ^( .
Apple has introduced many other changes over the course of the beta testing period, with most of the updates outlined in our^( .
Additional details on^( can be ^( .
This article, “^( ” first appeared on ^(
^( in our forums