Digital books or Traditional books which preferable to this generation?
Print or digital, Readers will always find a way to satiate the thirst of their digestion. Paper books came across a long way as a reader’s popular choice.
The reader, with the evolution of a hobby like reading a book, also came to know the era of the digital book like Audiobook and Kindle book.
Paper books are more about nostalgia regarding smelling and touching the pages while audiobook is rather entertaining and Kindle book is much more convenient to satisfy a number of book collections in a device.
In terms of portability, time and price preferences among physical books, audiobooks and Kindle books may vary for today’s bookworms. Here are the few pros and cons for the individual form of the books:
Pros of reading Physical Books:
• Reading in a paper-ink gives personal feeling to hold and touch the book.
•It initiates the reader’s senses via symbols and pictures on the pages. Resting upon this, one’s imagination will draw pictures anticipating the curiosity.
•Deeper meaning will unfold as the pages will come to an end through the depicted scene or the voice.
•Book reading increases better vocabulary to the readers.
•Readers can always go for a library or bookstore for their favorite physical copy.
Cons of reading Physical Books:
•Physical books can be comparatively costly than digital books like audiobook and Kindle book. As one needs to pay for each physical book every time they are to purchase one from the book store.
•Paper book is not as much lightweight in comparison to digital books.
•It’s not easy to travel with a large collection of physical books at a time. In such a case, one needs to make a minimum choice of paper book for carrying the book for traveling.
•Preferable paper books may not be available all the time in the store.
•Many modern publishers and writers now prefer audiobook and Kindle book for reaching more audiences via digital platforms.
Reading books in any form of reaching out to a reader towards the same goal. Then how it makes a difference in the form of the audiobook, let’s find out.
Pros of Audiobook reading:
•Learn audible work is offering entertainment as close as TV. The audiobook is basically listening to an audio tape.
•What if a reader prefers not to read the book using eyes? One may not be in the situation of holding a book and read it out; like gardening, cooking, driving, after a surgery. An audio book is there to read it out to the readers.
• Audiobooks are also helping to reduce stress and gain memory improvement. As the elders say, appropriate listening helps to memorize the content faster.
• The audiobook is the exact version of word to word of a physical book, so there are no chances to miss out anything from the real book so far.
• Audiobooks are now available in a digital music store like public music domain and personalized applications. Downloading an audiobook is much of downloading other audio files in the device.
Cons of Audiobook reading:
• Audiobooks are high in cost than a printed book.
• While readers purchasing an audiobook, he/she is also paying for the narrator, sound engineer and editor.
• Audiobook version is much more expensive than the E-book edition.
• Audiobook takes the same amount of attention as the paper book reading to follow the exact detail of the story via the narrator’s dialect. Get started with Audible,^( and it has a wide range database of titles. Also get started with ^(
Kindle book is another reader’s popular choice in this era. Online retailer Amazon introduced this electronic device in 2007. Over time the Kindle is upgraded with many readers’ friendly features which make it another unique choice of reading for the users.
Pros of using Kindle book reading:
• Kindle book is much easier to carry as it is wireless. The reader may access the book collections without connecting it with the computer.
• Amazon offers the largest collection of digital books in Amazon online store for Kindle book readers. Kindle book initiates the demand of E-Book in the market for such collections.
• The reader can subscribe to an electronic newspaper version or buy a book on Amazon and download it into the Kindle device later.
• Kindle devices are also offering PDF, DOC, and TXT files in the personal Kindle mail address.
• Kindle book reading has some amazing features which will give you an upgraded experience over a physical book reading. Highlighting and bookmarking system are now available in improved versions.
• While reading a book with high or poor lighting condition, the Kindle device will adjust the lighting condition for the eye care of the reader.
Cons of using Kindle book reading:
• Kindle device is sometimes very flimsy. It becomes inactive without prior notice.
• Built-in Wi-Fi system may fail to catch the signal around by the device sometime.
• Kindle has limited space for the number of books. There is no SD card slot for storing more books or try a book of reader’s choice if needed.
• Book researching option is not an easy one on a Kindle device.
• A selected passage is hard to find through the search function where one can memorize the exact page or section in case of printed books.
• Huge collections of books are also creating confusion to lose track of preferable choice books in Kindle device.
• Printed books, audio books or Kindle books reader will always find a way to reach out its digestion.
I do believe in the magic of dead leaves printing but referring to the aforementioned pros and cons of the paper book, audiobook, and Kindle book, I can conclude that the Kindle book is a much better device in terms of convenience and also as far as engaging the reader is concerned. With the audience for this particular kind of book reading
available for the new generation, it can be declared as a clear winner in comparison to the other two means.