1. Glass design – The Samsung Galaxy A9 2018 feels and looks premium. It has a certain heft to it due to the 2.5D glass found at the front and back of the device. Between it is the metal frame that adds to the look and feel of the device. Overall, it feels like a high-end device.
Amazing Super AMOLED display!
2. Great display – The Galaxy A9 2018 has a big and beautiful display. It has a 6.3-inch Super AMOLED display running at 2220 x 1080 FHD+ resolution. It also has a 408 ppi that allows it to emit sharp images. It is also topped by a 2.5D curved glass that completes the great look of the display.
The first real quad camera setup
3. Real quad-camera setup – The main highlight of the Galaxy A9 2018 is the very first real Quad Camera setup. The most impressive part of this is that each sensor serve a specific purpose. There is the 24MP f/1.7 main sensor which serves as the primary shooter. Then there is the 10MP f/2.4 telephoto sensor with 2x optical zoom that handles zoomed in shots. The 8MP f/2.4 ultra-wide sensor handles wide-angle shots and the 5MP f/2.2 depth sensor takes depth information to use for bokeh shots.
It has a USB Type-C port with fast charging
4. 24MP f/2.0 selfie camera – The selfie camera of the Galaxy A9 2018 is no slouch either. It has a 24MP f/2.0 sensor with screen flash. If the Galaxy A7 2018’s selfie performance is any indication then the A9 2018 can also shoot amazing photos with sharp details, color saturation and good contrast.
It has great front and back cameras
5. Big battery w/ USB Type-C fast charging – The 3,800mAh battery is relatively big for the Galaxy A9 2018. This has a potential to have a good battery performance if there are good power usage optimizations. In addition to that, it also has fast charging via the USB Type-C port.
There you have it! The Samsung Galaxy A9 2018 is priced at PHP 32,990 and is set to be available on December 1, 2018 here in the Philippines.
Marshmallow Android is BT Ireland’s Head of Sales for Republic of Ireland domestic multi-site companies, indigenous MNCs and public sector accounts. He is responsible for the direction and control of all sales activity in the region. He has over 10 years management experience from high growth start-ups to more established businesses. He’s led teams in Ireland, India and China across various industries (ICT, On-Line Recruitment, Corporate Training and International Education). View all posts by Marshmallow